The great war of survival


The morning of the outbreak of the war was no different from any other day. I was monitoring the production in the cell's factories, as I did every morning. 
I missed the first clues as to what would happen later which could be detected when I noticed that supplies in the tubes contained an unusually large amount of medication. But I did not think anything extraordinary was going on, assuming that the drugs were just precaution for the expected cold weather in the coming winter. I could guess something unusual was happening, by the fact that among the drugs received there were some particular drugs I never saw before. This should be a warning light indicating our command center was ready for war. In fact, at that time the war was already going on in other districts. Slowly rumors of bitter combats filtered in. Some clues of what was happening were found from the contents of the substances that passed through the blood rivers. Some news was transmitted via our communications channels, but I got most of the information from my smart neighbor. Originally this neighbor was posted in the command center, but he was assigned to us at the last minute because of a temporary lack of manpower. Miraculously, he retained a considerable amount of media connections, which were initially given for his intended function at the command center. That's why he was more up to date than we were. My learned neighbor was worried. It turns out that the squatters knew how to disguise themselves to look like us, and that is how our combat forces could not identify them. The invaders infiltrated to more sectors every day. My scholarly neighbor being very considerate, knowing I was old and about to be divided, did not want to worry me by detailing the horrors of the war. He just informed me that they were already close to us. Anyway, I was able to build a picture of the war from the few details I knew. The invaders were multiplying at a murderous pace, taking over our supply sources causing death out of starvation and lack of oxygen. There are even rumors that the invaders were seen eating the cell members in the sectors they attacked. My friend was depressed at the situation. But one day he happily informed me that someone up there at the top had decided to uproot the invaders' colony. One day we all fall asleep. When we got up, my friend informed me happily that the entire settlement of the invaders had been removed. In the days that followed, apparently, to prevent the invaders from returning, we were bombarded with burning rays that, although they prevent the invaders from returning, caused many casualties in our sector. My time to split up was getting closer, and I was worried about the future of my offspring. My learned friend explained to me that what matters is that the entire body survived the attack, even if it comes at such a heavy price. "The survival of the body, guarantee the future of your offspring!" he assured me. Epilogue The day we split up from our father, my twin brother and I, our neighbor delivered his greetings: "I hope that the war we have been through, will teach you how important it is to protect the entire body, and not just promoting yourselves."

No comments: